Thursday, November 17, 2011

Recently Finished

Among the Reeds, 24 x 30, acrylic, Elizabeth W. Seaver
sold

For a friend.

I'm working on a new series of works combining printmaking with acrylic painting on canvas, such as the one pictured here.  My latest painting is 48 x 60, and believe me when I say that I am like the Lilliputians with Gulliver in my relationship with a canvas this size.

Imagine me climbing up and down my step ladder to reach the top, despite the fact that I have the easel lowered so that the bottom edge of the canvas is practically on the ground.  I rest the thing on my shoulder to print (I am sure there is a better way, but that would involve stopping the creative process to solve that problem.)  And I require the help of other Lilliputians to move the behemoth from easel to table and back again.

It is a giant on my tiny island. "Help!" the little painter cried.


5 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I have to say all the trouble you experience is well worth it! I would LOVE to see these in person! Really fantastic and fun!!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I can relate my lilliputian friend! I would be the same if I dared to work so large in the vertical! HA...So loving what you stamp along with what you paint!

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

Very nice. I like this style.

Anna M. Branner said...

Oh Elizabeth I love it! I'll bet your legs were tired from all that ladder climbing! ;)

Jeanette Jobson said...

Brave you to work so large, but it must be fabulous to do so. I just need enough space to put up a canvas that large!

And this piece is wonderful! I love it.