Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Percival and More

Percival, collage/acrylic, 6 x 6, Elizabeth W. Seaver
Sold

I spent yesterday morning up at The Workhouse installing my featured artist show for May.  The opening is this coming Saturday, May 12, from 6-9.  All my birdie friends will be there, except for Ferdinand.  He has found a new home, so he didn't get to make the trip with Frieda and the others.  I hope some of my human friends will join me, too.

My right hand woman, Lynette, helped put the show up.  Actually, it is more accurate to say that she was both my hands, since I tend to go helpless when trying to arrange my own work in a show.  I finally quit struggling and just let her make all the decisions.  It looks fabulous.

I hope anyone who is in the area will drop by.  The Workhouse is a unique art destination, formerly a D.C. prison, now renovated into working artist and show spaces owned and managed by Fairfax County in NoVA.

3 comments:

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

If ONLY I were closer I'd be there...have great success my blogger friend!!

Art with Liz said...

Have a fabulous show! Absolutely love your work - find myself grinning whenever I look at them.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Congratulations on the upcoming show! I saw some of your work there the first weekend in May, it was fun finally seeing it in person.