Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Beach Bum

Beach Bum, 6 x 6, collage/acrylic, Elizabeth W. Seaver

Beach Bum is not perhaps the most appropriate name for this strangely elegant bird. But if you look closely in the collage, you can see that there is a map fragment of the coast of Texas--Galveston, to be exact--the place I grew up calling beach. Moody Gardens is visible along the curve of its neck. That is where I have seen flamingos close up. Amazing, prehistoric-looking creatures.

I will be entering Beach Bum in LibertyTown's 6 x 6 show next month. If you are in the area, stop by to see the show in the main gallery. It opens First Friday, November 1.

5 comments:

Maggie Ruley said...

Love the collage-y sky, bummer about your stolen work :((

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks, Maggie. Yeah,I love the mystery of the collage for a background--not so much a fan of The Mystery of the Missing Paintings.

Thanks for dropping by!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

I just LOVE this guys name Elizabeth! It suits him and his pose! And...so sorry to hear about the attack on you with the stolen work! I know how it feels...I hope they are ashamed! But, fear they are not! I'm proud of your...onward and upward attitude!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thank, Saundra. You are the queen of wonderful names for paintings. I should just hire you to name all my work!

Thanks for the support. I do find that work helps ease the burden--if I can let the disappointment inspire me, so much the better!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Hi, Monica and Andrea: Thank you so much. I had a good model!