Sunday, March 28, 2010

Comfort Zone, WIP

Comfort Zone, WIP, collage/acrylic, 22 x 28, by Elizabeth W. Seaver

Back and blogging.  What a difficult transition from lazing in bed until 8, rising to play cards, shop and eat Mexican food, back to the daily grind of painting every day (anybody feel sorry for me???)   Seriously, though, I was a little while finding my groove again, so it has taken me longer to get back to my blog than I expected.  I am really looking forward to seeing what you all have been doing for the last two weeks.

Before I left for Houston, I had begun what I plan to be my last four large pieces for the June/July show.  This is the first one of those four that I have worked on, and you can see that I am not finished yet.  I will paint the umbrella and the daiquiri glass and continue to work on lights and shadows, among other things.  Don't forget to click on the image to enlarge and see detail.  Look for the place where I changed my mind about how to do the sunglasses!

I plan to finish these four in April and spend May working on publicity, varnishing and framing.  Somewhere in there I will squeeze in time to paint on smaller works to add in nooks and crannies.  There!  My goal is stated, and I'm accountable.  The race is on.

11 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

It sounds like you had a great trip, and I can't blame you for taking a while to get back into the groove of things after that. The painting is looking good!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Hi, Kerri. Thanks for stopping by--yes, I can't just jump right back in the ring anymore. I need to ease back in!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Great trip...back in the groove and the goals set...good for you! I like the scene on this one so much!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Blue Sky Dreaming--thanks! I appreciate your comments.

Elizabeth said...

Got to love those specs and the legs!!! Laugh out loud wonderful! Everyone should have some of your wonderfully happy art in their home!! Instant smiles. No, we aren't feeling sorry for you but happy that you ahd such a nice trip home- now BACK AT IT!!!!!
Smiles!! :)

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Yea you are back Elizabeth!! And, with a bang I see...love this!! I continue to wish I were close enough to pal around...I'd go birdy too I suspect...lol!

-Don said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had such a wonderful, relaxing vacation - and you chose the best time to of year to be in Houston as far as I'm concerned...

Comfort Zone is a lot of fun and well on its way to being another masterpiece. I love finding all the little pieces of words and sentences throughout you work. Perfection, indeed...

-Don

Gwen Bell said...

So glad you had a great trip!

This is such a fun composition. These birds with the striped legs always bring a smile to my face. So much personality! This one looks like he's enjoying the work he put in to find a comfortable spot for those long legs!

Incognito said...

Your attention to detail is wonderful; I love the little umbrella in the beach drink!

Susan said...

Elizabeth, your work is a feast for the eyes and always leaves me full! This is absolutely charming, love the shades and how you pull everything together. This must've been your vacation! Glad you had a great respite and you're slowly gettin' back in the groove. Whenever we have a chance to get away for a week, I find it takes at least two whole days for the shock of relaxing to wear off, then you get used to it, so by the time you have to come home, you're in vacay mode and don't want to get out of it!

Wanted to let you know, I've bestowed upon you the Renee Award which is very special. You've been a great new friend and source of support and inspiration, so I've included you as one of my sturdy oaks. Thanks!

Andrew Finnie said...

Hya I think you are getting better and better - which is saying something.

Great sense of humor in this one. Tell me are you finishing them off with a Uv stabilising medium for the collage parts? Just wondering on the process.

regards