Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Get By 2


Since I seem to be talking a lot about the names of my pieces, this title comes from the Beatles song, I get by with a little help from my friends...

This first block print of that name is cut and printed in a single layer and then hand painted. I showed it in a previous post, but I'll put it up again for purposes of comparison.









Number 2 is a reduction cut block print in three colors--yellow, red and a green/black. Both were printed using soft blocks.

These were cut using the same drawing. I'm surprised how differently they turned out! I hadn't looked at the first print in several weeks, and it is interesting seeing them side by side.

5 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

HI Elizabeth! I really really like this block print! both of them - well they are the same of course, but different...

FitFoodieMegha said...

Hey, the colorful block print is very nice. Good work Elizabeth!

jennifer woodburn said...

Oooh - more block prints - I love these. You have such a quirky whimsical style - it's wonderful! By the way I have added you to my links list on my blog. Looking forward to seeing more of these...

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

~I love your prints~
I am presently trying to work out an etching that I have had in my head.~

~and looking into "safe" ways to etch other than dry point~

~I have had such a wonderful time looking threw your blog.~
~amy~
:0)

Cathy said...

These two prints are really lovely Elizabeth. I love your quirky style. It really is appealing. I am new to linocut so only doing one colour at the moment.