Friday, April 17, 2009

I Won!

I correctly guessed what Laura Trevey used to create the orbs in her beautiful new painting and won a set of her watercolor note cards! I love Laura's paintings, and she lives just down the road in Richmond! Here is her etsy.com shop. Huge thanks to her!


Here is what I painted today! No, it is not some kind of minimalist still life. It is my #1 son's old room that #2 son is about to move into. (His color choice.) Those of you who know me, know that this kind of painting is torture for me and to be avoided at almost any cost. I so admire people who think home decorating is fun and no big deal.











This is a new painting I finished this week. The FUN kind! It is called something exciting like Pear Tree and is mixed media with oil. When I get it stretched, it will be 18 x 22. Can you find the collage elements?

9 comments:

Dan Finnegan said...

Remembering your move-in to your studio, I feel your pain.

Gwen Bell said...

Love the pears! I'm such a Goofus...at first I thought your son's room was a painting but your PAINTING it. Duh.

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Great job painting your son's room (its like a painting only much BIGGER lol) - your pears are lovely, I would guess the collage is the tree trunk and the branches. Cheers Val

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Dan, I thought you might remember!

Thanks Gwen! I was afraid that it would be unclear what it was I was painting--didn't mean to cause confusion. Thanks for visiting!

Good guess, Val, but it is actually found in some of the pears. I expect the photo needs to be bigger or clearer. Thanks for the encouragement on the home improvement project and for stopping by!

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Hi Elizabeth, Glad to meet you. I despise!!! to paint rooms also. I would think mural work would be similar. I enjoyed your other paintings. Try a little rice paper in a collage-I love that.

Diane said...

I love this!!!! the colors are amzing. thanks for joining my site, and welcome! I do love painting up a room because its all new and clean...best way to cover hand prints and other nasties! Ha!
Ok, here's my guess...the branches?
That blue is really brilliant.

Tracey Clarke said...

This is what you have kids for....painting walls!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Just returned from a short break in Melbourne. Having seen your next painting challenge my little girl Gizmo is quite willing to help out. Although, you do need to offer pillows of support...
Have a great night,

Cheers Rebecca xoxox

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pears, Elizabeth!