Monday, April 6, 2009

Small Progress


I have been working on some commissioned stuff and teaching, which I love, but that means my own work has been slow to progress this week.

...and lots of rejection this week from shows I had entered...bleh! All part of getting out there, but not the most fun part of my life as an artist...but I digress.

I added a bit of collage to my giraffe from some very old catalog pages, and I may go on to begin something else today as I wait for further inspiration for how to finish this guy out.

3 comments:

Tracey Clarke said...

It is coming along great!

I often write a "rejection letter to the rejection letter" when I get one, staple them together and put them on file.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh! I like that. I'll do it. A friend brought flowers to me, too. That helped! Thanks, Tracey.

ainesse said...

Yep...it stinks when you get a letter telling you you have not been selected. Sometimes though the letters are softer than others.......but if you get 2 or 3 no go's in a row then thats awful.... never mind. I have enjoyed looking through your blog and laughed about your thoughts re outrageous titles for prints such as that Giraffe image.

take care

Aine