Friday, March 13, 2009

Falling Pears, fini

Next step on this one is to let it dry completely (I'm using WindsorNewton and Maimeri-blu oil paints mixed with liquin, so it will be a quicker dry) and then stretch it. I think finished size will be 12 x 26, but I may be able to squeeze out an extra inch in either direction. I bought 13 and 27 inch strips, just in case. One thing about working with canvas fabric is that you can cut it to any size you like. Since I work more instinctively with my paintings, I find I often need to adust the composition of my work after it is complete. Stretching it myself allows for those little corrections.

5 comments:

Incognito said...

I LOVE this! Wow; such movement and color. I need to come see this one for myself. Will it be for sale?

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks, Incognito! Yes, it will be for sale. I am going to put it to the juror for the Feast for the Eyes show at LT next month. So, either it will be in that show, or it will be in my studio in April. I'm glad you like it!

Elizabeth Seaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Love the colors!! Iam SURE taht you will sell it!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got it just right Elizabeth! I just love your palette and there is just enough of the background peeking through.