Sunday, March 29, 2009

Progress on 3 Panels

Several posts ago I showed these three 6 x 6 wooden boxes that I gessoed and collaged with a variety of papers, handmade and recycled.


Yesterday, I worked on them, wanting them to both be a unit as three paintings, but also for each to be able to stand alone. First, I sketched my drawing across the three collages with watercolor pencil. Then I added first layer of paint around the elements.


My challenge will be resolving the elements into recognizable things without losing the cool look of the collage underneath.

5 comments:

Incognito said...

I like! Very interested in seeing the finished piece. Cool to watch what you do and then also have you tell us how you are thinking the process through as you work.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks, Incognito! I really appreciate your encouragement!

Arti said...

Thanks for joining me, Elezabeth, your work looks quite interesting to me:)

Jean Spitzer said...

I like what you did. The effect, especially since the pieces connect vertically, is like stained glass window work.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks, guys! I worked more on it today, and I am trying to decide whether I'm going to show it. It is very hard to keep these things to myself!