Wednesday, March 12, 2014


Here is the original image I showed a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I have changed my direction with this piece. Here's how it started:

My plan was to stamp my block prints in the back ground, so I'd masked the cat figure in preparation. Here's what I decided to do instead:

I can see that available light and my fiddling with color balance gave several different impressions of color. It is meant to be salmon.

As I keep working, I will post more images and try to capture the color more carefully.

I purchased beautiful papers which I am finally pulling out to use in this series of paintings. I like the formality of the handmade, screen printed paper with the whimsy of my cat.

Stay tuned!


smartcat said...

Cool use and combination of paper and paint. It's so much fun to see your process!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks. I have been having fun, as you can see!

theartofpuro said...

You are doing a great work. Love it:)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks guys! I'll post the finished painting tomorrow.