Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Torpedo Factory


Why Young Mothers Feel Trapped, collage/acrylic, 11 x 14


He Takes After Your Side of the Family, collage/acrylic/metal, 10 x 10

Two paintings of mine are in a show called From There 2 Here in Alexandria, VA which opens tomorrow night, September 10. I am planning to go up to hear the founder of the Torpedo Factory give a talk at the opening at 7 pm. This is an invitational show from the Target Gallery to the artists working at the various centers which hosted the Torpedo Factory's touring anniversary show which was called From Here 2 There. It was exhibited at LibertyTown last September. The show runs from September 10-October 18.

I am pleased and proud to have been selected for the show and am really looking forward to seeing the work of all the other artists. I hope that my parents will go with me to see this art center, which truly is the best use of a Torpedo Factory I can think of (in my own art focused, narrow-minded way, of course!)

More later...

7 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

Wooowwww Liz, I am so happy for you..:) Congratulations!!! This is also an excellent piece as always...:)

Water Color Pencil: Macau Close-up

Elizabeth said...

Well deserved Congratulations Elizabeth!!!!

Incognito said...

Kudos to you!!! I love these two and their accompanying titles. I'm sure it will be a great event. Congrats again, and like I've been saying, I am no surprised at what is happening in your career!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks guys! It has certainly been an exciting time for me. I have been so buoyed by my online community and am so grateful to you all!

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

"He takes after....." Love it. Very cool. I also really like the cupcake series. YOu have inspired me to make more stamps.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Very fun! I love the "he takes after your side" piece.

ArtPropelled said...

What a wonderful way to start my day ....love these two!
Congrats for being selected for the show.