Monday, February 23, 2009

Beginnings--a Mixed Bag

Here are some starts I made last week that I hope to make progress on this week. My student load has dropped some--it's that time of year--but below is one of my faithfuls. She was working on her own drawing, and I sketched her onto a scrap of this weird new multimedia board. I got a piece of it from my friend Cheryl who owns a framing and art supply store here. She's tried pastel, oils, watercolor, and other media on it. I decided I'd use the larger scrap for my collage --If a Red Hand (see previous post). The best thing I know about the product is that is flexible as to media. The worst thing I know is that it is not flexible when you bend it. It snaps off into odd shaped chips!

I'm not sure what I'll do next with Little Girl, here. This piece is about 3 x 3.


The canvas square below is at the same place I started to create Why Young Mothers. I haven't found the next right thing to put in my tree, but I'll be looking. This will finish out at 8 x 8 or 10 x 10.


Don't you just love this--Piles--when I first looked at it, I read it as Pills! This is on more of that multimedia board and is about 5 x 5. I really love working small. The little balls are in oil paint.



This is a canvas, 12 x 16, with the first layer in acrylic in my new favorite color for underpainting--midnight blue.

No comments: