Sunday, November 18, 2012

What Birds Do When People Aren't Watching

 Archibald on a High Wire, collage/acrylic, 6 x 6
by Elizabeth W. Seaver

What Birds Do When People Aren't Watching is the theme of my 30 x 30 installation in W-16 at The Workhouse in Lorton, VA. I and twelve others have accepted the challenge of painting 30 paintings in 30 days on 6 x 6 Masonite panels. I chose to do mine in collage with acrylic, leaving some of the paper under painting showing on each one. They sell for $95 each. I go to hang my work tomorrow.

The show opens on the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 23rd. I will be demonstrating 4:30-6, during the opening scheduled for 5-7 in McGuire-Woods gallery upstairs in the main building, W-16. (Note: I belong to the Workhouse Associates Gallery which shows monthly in the downstairs gallery in that same building, so there is even more of my work to see!)

In addition to the show opening, The Workhouse is hosting a big blowout November 26 all across the campus 9-7. You will find wonderful artworks in all media, and each building will have activities, food and fun for the whole family. Anyone in the NoVA area, please stop by.

I plan to blog for the next 30 days, publishing one of these new pieces each day for as long as they (or I) last! They will come to you in alphabetical order.

4 comments:

smartcat said...

What a great project! I'm looking forward to the next thirty days. Toes crossed for much success!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

HaH! Thanks so much.

Anna M. Branner said...

Haha! I absolutely LOVE your title. :)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks, my friend. You don't even need to read my blog for 30 days, do you? You've seen them all. But, I may surprise and write stories about some. So, don't go away!