Monday, April 20, 2009

Summer on my Mind

What with the rain today and cooler temps than I am used to this late in the year (cause I'm still a Texas girl at heart!), I am longing for beach weather. And, also, because I worked hard today, but I don't have anything I can share yet, I am posting two paintings I did for a show in October last year and sold.


Under Cover, acrylic, 2008




By the Sea, acrylic, 2008

I plan to do more of these paintings where I create most of the form with my tiny block prints, and actually some of the work for my September show will have this style at least on part of the composition.

I am hoping to get back in full creative mode tomorrow. And...by tomorrow it is my goal for the home improvement hell to be over, until we have to begin on the next room...Just when you thought it was safe to go home!

9 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Elizabeth!

These are just great. Love the colors. Such warmth. They just make me smile; nice to think about after all the snow we had over the weekend. I'm ready for summer too, but I'd be happy with some spring weather! :)

Holly Zemak said...

It is cold and rainy here today too. As a matter of fact I think there was sleet or snow mixed in when I walked the dog. Nice to see your warm summer theme.

Terry Pitzel said...

These are so wonderful after this cold rainy day and night. Your texture is wonderful and so refreshing.

Unknown said...

I can see why these sold... Beautiful!

Laurel Daniel said...

These are great! and they DO feel so summery! You would have loved it here today - in the 90's in April!

FitFoodieMegha said...

Elizabeth, the color combo is really so good! Its also summer time here and no option other than to sit at home and meet our blogger friends..:)

Cathy said...

These are so pretty Elizabeth. I love the colours. Hope your home improvements get sorted out soon and you can get back to normal.

Our weather is amazing for April, about 20C which is higher than normal. I think summer has come early.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I think it is just amazing to talk to all of you from around the world, with different climates and cultures and backgrounds, but with at least one great thing in common--a love and appreciation for the creative spirit. Thanks, guys, for your comments and for the wonderful work you do. You inspire me!

Gwen Bell said...

Just had to SMILE when I saw these. They are so much fun! I have a "thing" for swirls. Love love love it! May I have another please?