Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wild Flowers, etc

Wild Flowers, oil, 8 x 10


This is a little painting I have been working on here and there for a while. It morphed quite a bit in the process, but here it is--an ode to joy that spring has sprung--yippee!

At LibertyTown, Beth, Aline, Dan and I have just put up Feast for the Eyes, the third annual show all about food. Dan will also be featuring some of his wonderful pots fresh from his latest firing.


This is the front wall of the gallery just on the right as you enter from the street.

3 of a Kind, 7 x 7

The piece in the middle is my little one,
a hand colored block print which was juried into the show.

This show is paired with a food art component during the opening (tomorrow night) where foodies compete for the best dishes which look like art or create art in their assembly. Last year's first place winner created a beach landscape with all kinds of edibles, and the second place winner, Stephanie, melted and slumped hundreds of jolly rancher candies to make beautiful bowls which looked like glass. The evening is tons of fun--and then we eat! What can be better than that?

A wonderful weekend to all!

4 comments:

Lauren Maurer said...

very cheerful flowers!

Incognito said...

"Feast" is one of my favorite Libertytown showings. The paintings are marvelous and I always want a good southern meal afterwards (probably because of the lemon meringue pie!). The edible part of it is terrific; I remember Stephanie's slumped bowls; they were so beautiful AND made of candy. And Dan's NEW pots??? Now is that heaven on earth, or what? SEE YOU TONIGHT!

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

I am so glad I came accross your blog, I love your paintings, my fave is Wild Flowers, I love your vivid yet muted colours - so appealing :)

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Thanks for your comments, Lauren, Incog. and Vania!

Didn't we have a terrific crowd on Friday, Incognito?! It was thrilling!

Vania, I am so glad you came to visit my blog. Yours is terrific too!

Elizabeth